6.26.2011

Ten Truths About Puppies

I know I have talked about puppies a lot for a few weeks now.  I can't help it with this little stinker sharing our house.  How about some puppy truths?  I will at least give you ten of them for the moment:

10.  It's not all cute pudgy faces and fuzzy fluff balls of joy.  Puppies chew on furniture, fingers, pant legs, toes, they bark, growl, and ... well, you get the picture.



9.  Puppies, like kitties, also like to play with string.


8.  Puppy tushies melt me. 


7. I am so glad Sammy is learning how to climb the stairs up and down.  She's was getting a bit heavy to carry each time we needed to go out for business.



 6.  Puppies can (and will) sleep anywhere.


5.  Puppies do not respect quilts or sewing.  I had some quilt pieces laid out on the floor and somebody (no names... cough, cough... Sammy) decided to tinkle on one of the pieces.  Lesson learned.  Use the design wall.  Eww!!

4.  Puppies sometimes change color.  Remember how white Sammy was?  Look at this french vanilla skunk stripe she is getting!


3.  Puppies don't always like it when you stick the camera in their face.  I'm lucky so far that Sammy doesn't seem too camera shy.



2.  Take advantage of the scruff on the back of a puppy's neck.  It's the way a mamma dog would carry the pups around and it is a quick way to keep a puppy from wiggling mid move.


1.  And the number one truth I have for you today is...


...Give a puppy a stick.  Best toy possible.  It's cheap.  It's good for teething.  They are plentiful.  You don't have to remember to bring one with you, because they are everywhere.


Use good judgement on size and how long they can play with it... but you get the idea.  And my own rule of thumb is no running with sticks in the mouth.


I am sure I will think of more.  Now, go hug your cute fuzzy things and remember those darling early life moments!

日本のための多くの愛
Much love for Japan

11 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I love puppies!! We had our lab from 8 weeks, it was such a learning experience since I never had a pet before. Fortunately it was housetrained in less than a week, we were really blessed. We crate-trained but also in that first week took him out every 2 hours around the clock - it was absolutely exhausting but worked. Enjoy these early days!

Jenn Bower said...

Yeah for puppy butts. This post was so stinking cute. Thanks again for sharing. It ended my night on a happy note.

Teresa said...

The only thing better than puppy butts, are chubby puppy butts! I can't get enough of your puppy.

Jenniffier said...

Awwh so cute! I miss having a baby puppy. Now I just annoying teenage puppy with an attitude issue.

Shelley said...

I love these pics of Sammy! She's the cutest thing ever! If I could just get a puppy version of my own fluffy mutt...

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start my morning....a Sammy fix!! Too freakin cute!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Oh Sammy Sammy!!! You are so beautiful and sweet and cute ... but I know sometimes you may give to your mom grey hairs! Still what can be better that a puppy?!
Love Teje & Nero

Tonya said...

Oh my goodness, look at that fluffy ball of puppy! I love the shot of him asleep at the bowl!

MJ said...

Love love love this post and all the wonderful puppy goodness in the photos. I am not kidding when I tell you that I will be seeking your expertise when the time comes!!!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Oh Sammy!!!! Being a PUPPY is the Cutest and the best time ever. Puppy Years is the best. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

OH FYI we did a sewing post last Satruday: Sausage Pillow case. Golden Woofs, Sugar

1000 Goldens said...

What a great post and photos :) Reminds me a lot of Farley's puppyhood!

Related Posts with Thumbnails